Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Rocky Road

As promised here is the Rocky Road and 3rd recipe I have made from my latest book purchase. These are not your average Rocky Road; they are a lighter, less dense version and unlike the ones I have made by Nigella you can actually eat more than one slice and not feel like you’ve had too much. Don’t get me wrong I love Nigella’s version, but if I am going to be honest and judging on my boys reactions, I would have to say that given a choice we would have these again. This Rocky Road consist of a wonderful combination of creamy, buttery chunks of shortbread, spongy marshmallows and crunchy rice krispies all fused together with chocolate caramel. I dare you to make these and stop at one!



Rocky Road

Ingredients
3 Mars bars
100g butter
5 shortbread fingers
140g marshmallows
50g Rice Krispies

Chop up the Mars bars and place them in a small pan with the butter. Melt over a gentle heat. Break the shortbread into chunks and stir into the mixture with the marshmallows and Rice Krispies. Press the mixture into a lightly oiled 15cm-square tin and leave to set in the fridge. When set, cut into squares, turn out upside down and serve.

17 comments:

Happy Cook said...

My daughter would love this.

J said...

They sound extremely easy and yummy - though I'm not sure my teeth would survive all that sugary action!

Lucie said...

Fabulous Maria! What a nice variation on the usual rocky road. Thanks for sharing. Lucie xx

Petit Filoux said...

Oh my goodness a recipe that calls for 3 mars bars, that sounds so wrong, yet so tasty!!!! lol

Nickki said...

I might just have to make these for my son's birthday party this weekend Maria :-) I noticed this recipe was different to the usual rocky road recipe I make by Nigella, which I agree is delicious but very rich.
I do love the idea of adding mars bars, I bet they are delicious! xx

Maria♥ said...

Nickki, your boys will love them and love you even more!

Maria
x

Lemonia said...

You just made me want to buy that recipe book. :-) I love your blog.

Apples and Butter said...

Looks like a delicious sweet treat! So many different tastes and textures!

Chele said...

They look fantastic. I like the idea of adding the rice crispies to them too, a bit more texture and crunch. Yum yum!

Beth said...

My mum makes something similar which she calls a mars bar slice. Will have to give this a try

Diana's Cocina said...

These are perfect as a little treat all for me!

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support said...

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information. Please contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com if you have any questions about the program.

MaryBeth said...

OMG...they look so darn good, my mouth is watering for some now.

Choclette said...

If only I could stop at one - I think this is my downfall!

Lisa said...

Yummy storecupboard recipe! Will have to give these a try. I made Nigella's for the first time this week and there are none left!

Barry - Moodys said...

Please can you send Adrian in with a large batch of these?

thank you Very much

Baz

Maria♥ said...

Hi Barry

I'll be happy to make a batch of these next week and send them in with Adrian. Don't worry this time they will make it into the office!

Maria