Wednesday 23 January 2008

Whipped Cream Pound Cake


What is a girl to make when she has some left over double cream in the fridge? Well this girl knew exactly what to make! If you’ve never tried a cake made with whipped cream instead of butter, you are missing a special treat. This pound cake is made without butter and instead a pint of cream which is whipped and folded into the batter. You might think it sounds really rich but it contains only half the fat and calories a normal pound cake would. What I love about this cake is the finished texture, light and fluffy and really creamy. The first time I made this cake my hubby kept creeping into the kitchen and cutting himself slice after slice, now his not usually a greedy person but he really loved this cake and said it was unlike any other cake he had tried, so I think it’s safe to say that this cake is a winner and one I will be making again and again!




2 comments:

Rosie said...

Amazing cake Maria!! It looks SO stunning on your blog and gosh you do tempt me with your wonderful bakes!! Is that slice for me by any chance? heehee ...

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Thanks Rosie for your lovely comments as always. And yes thats slice is especially for you ;o)

Maria
x